Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Viva La Monkees! New Poll


It's Monkee Mania time here at Casa By Night! I'm gearing up to see my favorite made for television musicians who are currently touring as a tribute to the late Davy Jones, who passed away quite expectantly this year. I'm seeing them this weekend (yay!), so I've been diving into their discography and unsurprisingly, there isn't a bad one in the bunch. Of course, they had some great writers behind them, including Neil Diamond, Carole King and Boyce and Hart, among many others. But I have to say I love what they did after the series, especially their 80s output, cuz I'm a feather haired pop lover at heart.

That said, It would be impossible for me to pick a favorite Monkees song. I'm pretty sure I love every single song. Depending where I am and what I'm doing, they always have a tune to suit my groovy scene.



Since I'm in the middle of a brain freeze I decided to base the list I used for this month's poll on a Billboard list of the Top Ten Monkees hits. They're all amazing! Which one do you like best? And I'm sure you have other faves, so please feel free to leave comments, lists, videos, whatever! Hey, don't people say we monkey around?





No comments: