Wednesday, August 7, 2013

News, Links and Summer Fun!


It's been a long and strange summer (if I'm going to be honest about it) but as the season draws to a close and school looms just around the corner (egads!), a couple of cool things appeared along my horizon.

First up, I recently interviewed Cady McClain about her short film Flip Fantasia for the website Planet Etheria. Cady plays Dixie on All My Children (which, as you may know if you stop by here often enough, is available on Hulu, Hulu Plus, iTunes and now OWN). And as you also may know, I'm a bit of a soap nerd, so I was tickled pink that Cady took some out to answer a few of my questions. There is a link to the trailer at the end of the article. I suggest you all take a look, because it's quite good. Can't wait to see the final product!


Also, a couple of weeks ago I was mentioned on Day of the Woman as one of the Female Horror Journalists You Should be Reading (That Aren't Plagiarists)! BJ-C, who is the young lady behind Woman was not super familiar with me (not surprising since I sadly don't write all that much about horror these days), but a few people threw my name into the ring as someone worth checking out. This pleased me beyond words. I am honored to be thought about and I'm glad people enjoy what I do. Thank you BJ-C for the mention and a big shout out to all the people who suggested me for the list. You guys rock!


I also just did a podcast with the Movies About Girls crew for the TV movie Zuma Beach. I loved it (of course), but how did it fare with everyone else? Tune in, drop out and give us a listen! I was also of part of many of MAG's summer-themed podcasts, and you can listen to Hard Tick to Hawaii, Back to the Beach, Little Darlings and Gidget.


And last, but definitely not least, I am going to be doing a MAG spin-off podcast (think Joanie Loves Chachi) called MAG Monthly... for girls! It will feature Stacey Dawn, Cherry Bombed and myself discussing things like boys and making out with pillows and stuff like that... MAG Monthly has a new and gorgeous tumblr page, so please stop by for updates. Also, we'll all be writing recommendations for movies, fashion and whatnot so it should be your one stop shop for all things pink and frilly! Hope you enjoy! We're recording the pilot episode soon, and I'll post the link as soon as the podcast is made available.

No comments: