Saturday, March 9, 2019

Hooray! Rondo Nominations and other MFTVM News!


If you follow my social media, you may have seen that I was nominated for three Rondo Awards this year! But in case you haven't, I just wanted to spread the word on ye old blog, with a little info on how to vote.

Let me begin with the nominations themselves. I have to admit, it was really great to wake up last Friday morning and see my name all over the ballot. It means a lot and I feel so honored to be listed in the following categories, because the competition is wonderful!
You can look at the ballot for the Rondo Awards, and send your votes to taraco@aol.com.

OK, I haven't won anything, but seriously, thanks to the folks who nominated me!
I won't go into too much about why each nomination is really important to me, but let's just say talking to people (whether in person or even on a podcast) has always been a nerve wracking experience, so to see the support from the horror community that I'm doing OK at some of these things just really means a whole heck of a lot.

So, big thanks to any and everyone who listens to, or attends anything where you have to hear me jabber for a couple of hours. It's been great and I truly appreciate each and every one of you, even if you don't vote for me (but you know, vote for me). There are so many great podcasts, commentaries and events to choose from, so go look and vote with your heart!

Also, if you haven't seen, I was recently interviewed by the Los Angeles Times in a piece all about TV movies! You should check it out!

(The LA Times brought a photographer to my lecture, but the photos didn't make the article. Here's some outtakes my friend took! The second snap is me with the powerhouse we call Kier-La Janisse!)



One more piece of Made for TV Mayhem news. I've opened up an Instagram account (@madefortvmayhem) which will hopefully allow me to add a more visual aesthetic to what I'm already doing on facebook and twitter. Come and follow me, please! I'm just getting started, but I have tons of TV Guide ads, as well as some promo pics and screen grabs that I'm dying to share on a more regular basis. Plus, it will serve as another place to update everyone on podcast episodes or new blog posts or any other kind of related news.

Coming soon!
And finally: I think I'm actually almost done with my intro episode to The Trap-Cast, which is just going to be a monthly series of minisodes dedicated to the show Trapper John MD! It's time, guys.

Thanks to everyone again! I've actually half-written two reviews for this blog, so I hope I can find a little time to finish them. Til then, I have more exciting news coming soon... So please keep tuning in! Thank you!

2 comments:

VoyagerG said...

Congratulations on your nominations! I hope you win. The hard work you and your colleagues put in to bringing attention to these TVM gems is really picking up as retro-TV stations are starting to focus on them and best of all the official DVD releases.

VoyagerG said...

Congratulations on your nominations! I hope you win. The hard work you and your colleagues put in to bringing attention to these TVM gems is really picking up! Retro-TV stations are starting to focus on them and best of all they're getting official DVD and streaming releases.