Monday, February 26, 2018

News, News, and Some News

I'm exhausted, but undeniably glamorous!
I'm so sorry I haven't been able to keep things moving on my blog in the ways I'd like, but I have lotsa news that I'm, like, crazy excited about!

I guess we'll do the time sensitive stuff first: If you are in San Antonio or can get to San Antonio on Saturday, March 3rd, please come see me at the San Antonio Pop Con. I'll be giving a presentation on Made for TV movies at 1:30, and then I'll be signing Are You in the House Alone? A TV Movie Compendium: 1964-1999 for the rest of the day. It's a free con put on by the local library and it looks amazing. Check out the presentation schedule here.

I am thrilled to announce that not only did Are You in the House Alone make Barnes and Noble's Best of Horror list for 2017 (OMG!), but it has been nominated for Book of the Year at the Rondo Awards!

Confession: I wasn't on the original list of nominees, but a few of you dropped the Rondo folks a line and I'm so touched that anyone took the time out to request that I be added to what is a great list of books written by a group of lovely and talented writers. I'd also like to give a big shout out to Mike White, who mentioned my exclusion on his Impossible Funky blog. That meant a lot. You can send your votes to taraco@aol.com. (If you want to throw a write-in vote my way for my commentary for The Spell, I won't stop you)


If you find you must vote for another book then follow your heart, but I think you should all make sure that you've checked off The Twilight Zone Podcast in the Best Multi-Media Horror Site category. Tom always does his best to put together an A+++ show and he deserves an award for all of his hard work (plus, dat voice... **drooling**)! Make sure you vote for the TZ podcast called The Twilight Zone Podcast... there's another TZ show on the list (which I'm sure is wonderful, but still... Tom should win!). Tom even made a post where you can just cut and paste his entry into an email. Easy peasy. Do it!

Hiding from my public
Back to me!

In non-TV news: Arrow Video announced last Friday that they are releasing a US/UK Blu Ray of Wes Craven's first horror film, The Last House on the Left, which my good friend Bill Ackerman (Supporting Characters) and I are providing a commentary track for! I am still pinching myself. I think many of you know that I'm a diehard Craven fanatic, so this opportunity has been a dream come true for me. Last House is due to be released in May, you can pre-order via Diabolik if you are in the US or through Arrow for you UK folks.

That's Joe Ziemba making me sound important
I did my first Made for TV Mystery Movie screening at the Alamo, and it was sold out! The evening and event were so amazing, and I'm beyond grateful for the chance to share my love of TV movies with people. I'll be doing another one in April and will share the link to buy tickets via my social media when they become available. On March 2nd I'm hosting the AGFA Secret Society screening. It's sold out, and I'm just mentioning cuz I'm excited. 


By the by, if you haven't had a chance to check out the Made for TV Mayhem Show, give us a go. We'll be talking Kathleen Beller telefilms in March. Join us.

So, now you can see why I'm not around as much (but did you see I posted a review of Madame Sin as part of a recent Classic TV Blog Association blogathon?), but I'm doing my best to keep the love alive! You can always visit my social media if you want to talk TV and horror. I'm on twitter @madefortvmayhem and my facebook is simply Made for TV Mayhem. Say hi!

I may or may not have more news for you in the near future. But hopefully soon (Amy, soon)!!! Absolutely every single one of you that I've run across in person and online has been so supportive of what I'm doing. Thank you!!!

1 comment:

zmbdog said...

Congratulations on the book and the upcoming events! Sounds exciting :)