Sunday, July 19, 2009

Eight is NEVER Enough!



Let's face it, I still prefer my VCR. I'm still in the 80s and frankly, I like it there. Yeah, I own a cell phone but it doesn't have the capability to take photos, much less get me online. And I admit, I am trying to find a good spot for my ghetto blaster so I can play my cassettes properly. So imagine my surprise when I found out that the internet was more than a place to write about how much I love the 70s and 80s. Now I can watch my favorite shows from that era online too. Sometimes the modern world is good.

Right now I am currently obsessed with Eight is Enough. A little edgier than The Brady Bunch, Eight is just the right amount of schmaltz with a post-Viet Nam feel. And Susan wears the best clothes. I mean, the best.

So if you need your large family melodrama/comedy fill, please go to the Eight is Enough page at Sling.com and get your Tom Bradford-on! Uh, or something like that...


3 comments:

Tower Farm said...

I'm with you...I went looking for a VCR head cleaner the other day and it took me hours to find one...I cried...
-Billy

Nostalgia Kinky said...

Thanks for the links! I love me some Eight is Enough. I know what you mean about being stuck out of time...I feel like a stranger in a strange land most of these days.

Amanda By Night said...

Billy, I feel your pain. We have some old vcr head cleaner and it seems to be working, but when it stops... well, I shudder to think.

Jeremy, this is a PERFECT companion with Lou Grant! :)