Sunday, July 12, 2009

Oh Man. I Am So Happy!



What a week this has been! I am pleased to say that I got tagged again with the You Are a Great Read award! This time the honor comes from not only a blog I often frequent, Reflections on Film & Television, but from an author I have long admired, John Kenneth Muir. I feel all touched and stuff!

Thank you so much John! It is truly appreciated!

To look at my Great Read choices, click here.




In other awesomeness news, which I should have mentioned earlier, an essay I submitted for a book called Butcher Knives and Body Counts: Essays on the Formula, Frights, and Fun of the Slasher Film coming out through Dark Scribe Press in 2010 has been accepted! My essay will be on one of my all time favorite slashers, Prom Night. I'd like to throw a big shout out to Vince Liaguno (author of the incredible novel The Literary Six and editor of this book) for taking a chance on a little kid like me!

OK, as you were!

3 comments:

Propagatrix said...

Dancing wild fandangos on your behalf...what wonderful news!

Corey said...

I wrote a piece for that book on the The Prowler, so we can be book buddies! Yay!

Laura Martone said...

That's so exciting, Amanda! I'm very happy for you... especially since the original PROM NIGHT is one of my guilty pleasures. Ah, Jamie Lee in her prime!