Thursday, July 9, 2009

More Celebration for Ben & I! You Are a Great Read Award Given to MFTVM!




Love me two times baby, know what I'm sayin'?

I'd like to throw an awesomely huge shout out to my online bud Jeremy Richey at Moon in the Gutter for putting me on his list of blogs he finds to be a Great Read! I swear, I coulda cried when I saw he included me on this list.

I don't know a lot about this honor except that I can mention however many sites I'd like to turn you all onto. I should probably direct you to the list I did when I got the Premio Dardo Award in February. The five blogs mentioned in that post (and of course Kindertrauma, who nominated me for the award), make part of my daily online pitstops.

I decided to keep my new list at five as well. Hey, sounds like a lucky number! Please, if they are sites you aren't aware of, visit them now!

House of Self Indugence: I don't know who you are or where you came from, but I love you!

She Blogged By Night: Like Amanda By Night, this girl is a connoisseur. Well, 'cept she's a connoisseur of all film, not just the small screen delights. It's a fantastic blog that is as beautiful to look at as it is awesome to read!

Temple of Schlock: These guys are fanatics! Informative, interesting and like the award says, a great read!

Destructible Man: Although a little less text driven, this blog is an incredible look at the world of dummy death in film. It sounds weird, but it's fascinating and full of great insight on some incredible films by wonderful filmmakers like Lucio Fulci, who deserve a honest, passionate and unique look at.

Bleeding Skull: Quite possibly the best horror website going. If anyone is stuck in the 80s, it's the guys who run Bleeding Skull! An honestly hilarious review site with some fantastic stills from many a long forgotten obscurity, you will want to see every film mentioned on this site. And you'll want to read every review. Trust me, these guys are gods!

Plus one honorable mention:

Movie Morlocks: The Turner Classic Movie Blog: I really only came to this blog within the last few months, and how grateful I am to have found it! Aside from Richard Harland Smith, who is one of my favorite writers, the authors of this blog are esteemed writers, and more importantly, unpretentious. You'll find awesome posts like "Loving Betty Garrett" (and who doesn't love her!) as well as "Frank Sinatra, Buck Owens and Merle Haggarad on the Moon." Good stuff indeed!

I hope no one feels omitted. I love so much of what is out there and truly feel there is so much community here online. And I hope if you are unfamiliar with any of these blogs/sites that you'll stop by and tell them Amanda By Night sent ya!

2 comments:

Temple of Schlock said...

Amanda! Thank you so much for the "Great Read" award! We think you're a great read as well.

Chris P.

Nostalgia Kinky said...

Hey
Sorry I didn't comment sooner on this...you are more than welcome for the award and it is more than deserved. I absolutely love this spot and what you do here. Please keep it up!
I'm Proud to be your 'online bud' and I am a great fan as well.