Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dallas Remake is a Go!



It's true, you can't keep a good villain down!

TNT is picking up the Dallas Reboot, and the pilot is scheduled to air during the summer of 2012.

Why, oh why, do I have to wait until next summer?!? Oh well, I think things are looking good so I plan on sticking it out. The people behind this production seem pretty interested in honoring the show's original fans while creating a new battle between Christopher and John Ross. Granted, I wish these two guys looked old enough to run a big oil corporation, but I will not complain. I'm just too damn excited!

Here's a sneak peak:



(**goosebumps**)

3 comments:

Pam said...

I wasn't a big Dallas fan, but I can't help but pass along that tidbit that George Harrison was. A BIG fan. Michael Palin of Monty Python fame writes in his new autobiography that George loved the show and once got pissed at Palin when he called him on a Friday night while the show was playing. Ironic for a guy who took shots at the material world in his solo musical work, but a cool bit of trivia nonetheless!

Amanda By Night said...

Thanks for sharing Pam. I can picture someone saying to Harrison, "I thought you weren't into this kind of stuff," to which he'd simply reply, "Research." :)

Wings1295 said...

I am excited for this, too. I remember watching this after "Dukes of Hazzard". My grandmother watched and I would watch, too. And then I re-watched it when it was in reruns in the 80s during the afternoon. Good memories. Hope the new show has the same "flavor" of the old.