Monday, October 10, 2011

This Blog Possessed!



You knew it was bound to happen! I am dedicating the next week, perhaps two, to my all time favorite TV movie, This House Possessed. For this event I will be featuring several fellow bloggers/writers/all around cool people who have been kind enough to take the time to let the world know why Possessed is the best movie ever made in the history of the world... and perhaps the universe.

I wanted to actually get the ball rolling tonight, but I'm smack dab between writing papers and prepping for midterms. I should be able to get the first post up by tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. The stuff I have received is wonderful and I'm really excited to be sharing a little of the Possessed love!

For some reason Possessed has not seen a release on either vhs or DVD. That is sad since it has quite a following and truly, it has endured. It's still just as great for me to watch now as it was when I first curled up in bed with it February 6th in 1981. And I think in some respects, it's gotten better. This movie lacks any of that lame self-irony we see so much today, the earnestness of the performances and the overall creepy and uber-fabulous setting have only served to remind me how wonderful growing up in the 80s was.

I am going to write a little more at the tail end of this love fest, but for now I'd like to link you to two reviews I've written. One was for Camp Blood and the other was for a site called CC2K. I do think I could write about this movie forever, and ever and ever! And again, I'm so pleased there other crazy nutjobs like myself in the world!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Wings1295 said...

I don't know if I have ever seen this movie!

Amanda By Night said...

You should check this one out. It's Made for TV Mayhem approved!