Sunday, January 15, 2012

Daytime After Dark


As you may have guessed, I've been celebrating the world of daytime television this week as One Life to Live drew to a close. I've been going through old soap magazines and all of my other soap literature (of which I seem to have a lot), and I remembered that I have two old reviews here of TV movies featuring daytime television performers. Please follow the links if so inclined.

The first is a review I did of a movie called Woman on the Ledge which is so full of daytime drama that it was destined to find itself on the ledge of my heart. I know, silly... but true.

The other review is for a movie called Fantasies and it stars Suzanne Pleshette as a dragon lady of a night time soap creator. It features many familiar daytime faces and is a great little made for TV slasher.

Melodrama comes in all shapes and sizes, and for that I am grateful. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Wings1295 said...

That's Doug and Julie from Days of our Lives on that magazine. I used to watch it in the 80s/90s, and started up again this past September, when they had the 'reboot'. I think GH would do well to do something similar, give the fans a new "starting point", going back to basics (LESS MOB!).

I am enjoying Days more than GH lately, so here's hoping the incoming OLTL producer/writer make some positive changes!

Amanda By Night said...

Hi Joe!

I used to watch GH back in the 80s and early 90s, but have kept up with most of the major stories through soap magazines. I have heard that the current mob trend is indeed fairly unpopular... I also have high hopes that the OLTL producer and writer will make some great and creative changes. They are extremely talented and I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the GH cast and the new OLTL members... It's definitely something to look forward to!

And thanks for ID'ing these actors. I just love that still photo. Her dress is faboo! :)