Monday, September 15, 2008

Bert Convy



I hereby declare today as BERT CONVY DAY! Why? Because he was awesome and I'm jonesing for a little Win, Lose or Draw! You should get the day off next year, it's that official!



Not just a hot babe and game show host, Bert also made some interesting Made for TV Movies. Here's a short list:

Death Takes a Holiday (1971)
Keep the Faith (1972)
Lady Luck (1973)
Black Day For Bluebeard (1974)
The Girl on the Late, Late Show (1974)
Shakespeare Loves Rembrandt (1974)
Love Boat II (1977)
SST: Death Flight (1977)
Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery (1978)
Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders (1979)
Hanging by a Thread (1979)
Ebony, Ivory & Jade (1979)
Jacqueline Susann's Valley of the Dolls (1981)
Help Wanted: Male (1982)
Love Thy Neighbor (1984)
The Murder of Sherlock Holmes (1984)



I had no idea he worked so much as an actor. I always think of him as a game show host (a dreamy game show host!). I'm actually expecting copies of Valley of the Dolls, Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery AND The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders in the mail soon. I didn't even know Bert was in 'em! So imagine my surprise when I was all "Bert is so dreamy, I wonder what movies he's been in...," and I look him up and these titles appear like an angel before me. Am I a lucky girl or what!

I am going to do a big thing on the Valley of the Dolls movie. I mean, I just have to.

2 comments:

Craig Edwards said...

I always liked him, both as an actor and as a host. Likable and talented - it's always cool when he pops up. We lost him too soon.

Anonymous said...

I thought that I was his lover, #Bert Convy. And still, it's very uncool to me. Bert Convy, I thought I was your favorite memory.