You just have to love all the glamour that is Netflix. Streaming movies just got a little more lush with this fancy-schmancy tele-flick called Pleasure Palace, which originally aired on NBC on October 22nd, 1980.
Here's the synopsis (courtesy of Netflix):
A professional gambler (Omar Sharif) puts his skills and sophistication to the test under the watchful eye of a mysterious woman (Victoria Principal), all to help the owner of Caesar's Palace (Hope Lange) hang on to her assets. In the end, a high-stakes card game will decide the casino's fate: Will its ownership remain unchanged, or will it be snatched up by the wealthy businessman (J.D. Cannon) waiting in the wings?
1) Omar Shariff plays a guy named Louie Lefevre
2) He has a friggin man servant!
3) It's got gamblers who wear tuxedos - no chinsy leisure suits here
4) Hope Lange is just as lovely as Victoria Principal
5) And location, location, location. It just looks so good