Sunday, March 30, 2014

Small Screen Goodness!


Although I've been watching a heap of TV movies, I haven't had the chance to sit down and write about any of them... Job hunting is a bitch! However, I have been keeping my TV radar (or perhaps it's antenna) on the scene and have a couple of neat things to share:


As many of you know, I do a live-tweet every Friday night with Me-TV's Made for TV Movie programming. Their schedule has been pretty boss, but it's going to get insanely cool this weekend when they air the pilot to the short-lived 1971 TV series Longstreet! If you are on East Coast time and have access to Me-TV, please join me on Twitter this April 4th, at 8 PM EST and let's spread the blind-insurance-investigator love! #Longstreet 4ever!

Oh yeah, and cuz I'm silly about TV movies, I am always looking for ways to make art out of small screen awesome. Here is something I did with a Longstreet still:


 I also did this to a Paper Dolls TV Guide ad:


And I made this out of a still from Do Not Fold, Spindle or Mutilate:


And sometimes you just have to be The Best Little Girl in the World:


Also, again you may or may not know that I am a current member of the Movies About Girls podcast. One of the things I do for the podcast ... aside from not saying much but laughing a whole lot... is recording a segment called The Made for TV Mayhem Minute. It's 3 or 4 minutes of as much TV history or news I can squeeze into whatever topic I choose. I try to theme the segments with the movie we are watching, but in general it's a whole lot of random. I have done a lot of these segments and I'm in the process of uploading the transcripts onto the MAGpedia page. I've posted five so far and you can find them here. Also, in the next few weeks, I'll be updating the links on my sidebar so you can check out the entire show. It's lots and lots and lots of fun!

Podcasting Old School
The internet is both eternal and transitory, and I'm sad to say that many of the sites I used to write for have gone into the ether bye-bye. I have written a lot about TV movies as well as many other genres of film and instead of just letting my reviews/articles/interviews go, I will be repurposing my material both here and on a new blog, which I'm currently creating. I have to admit, my writing was (and sometimes still is) a bit clunky, but it's good to see where you were and where you are. I'm all self-reflective that way.

And finally, I'm working a great TV movie project that I'll be sharing info on shortly. Super excited about it!

No comments: